The mobile library operates on 3 schedules per year.
Winter/Spring schedule: January 1 - May 31
Summer schedule: June 1 - August 31
Fall schedule: September 1 - December 31
New stops will be established at the beginning of one of these periods. New stops cannot be added during a scheduling period. Stops which are cancelled will usually be dropped at the beginning of one of these scheduling periods.
A. Proposed Stops: In adding a new stop, the following considerations will be made:
- The stop must be within the Tippecanoe County Public Library's service area.
- The stop will be evaluated as to how it reflects the mission of the Outreach Services Department.
- Stops will be evaluated as to their priority level. (See the service priorities of the bookmobile.)
- Sufficient staff and resources must be available to add the stop.
- The stop must fit into the schedule geographically. Some stops may not be added if a nearby stop already exists.
- There should be ample room to maneuver and park the bookmobile while providing maximum accessibility to customers.
- The stop should provide a sufficient level of safety as to not put staff and resources in jeopardy.
- Stop placement should allow cellular equipment and other independent electronic equipment to operate consistently.
- The stop must be able to be advertised/promoted by the library.
For information about where the Mobile Library stops near you, check the Schedule.
For more information, please call the Outreach Services office at (765) 429-0169.